International Customers: Please contact us so we can get you a custom shipping quote.
Our Efforts to be Green
As an outdoor products manufacturer we feel obligated to try and make our snowshoes in a way that does no harm to the environment in which they are used. To that end, we set some basic rules and tenets for ourselves to follow early on in the history of Crescent Moon Snowshoes:
- Our snowshoes are built to last a lifetime by using the highest quality components possible. We can repair almost any kind of problem and at the end of their life, we can recycle most of the parts so that very little is going into the landfill.
- We source our snowshoe components from companies who share similar environmental philosophies to our own. And as more like-minded consumers demand environmental responsibility from suppliers and manufacturers, more and more suppliers will bring better technologies to the market.
- The plastic resins and sheet that are used in our bindings, heel pads, snow guards, have no PVC, VOCs, and plasticizers and are 100% re-used or recycled. In fact, there is no PVC in any of our components. The scrap decking material, TGS, has been recycled to make horse corral fill, and other uses are being explored.
- A minimum of 85% of the aluminum and stainless steel used in the construction of our snowshoes is from recycled metal.
- Waste generated in the manufacturing of our snowshoes is recycled including aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, cardboard, and paper.
- 100% of the energy we use is wind generated electricity.