THREE SIMPLE ELEMENTS
Binding, Platform and Traction System
The right equipment can make the difference between a lifetime of great outdoor experiences or a one-time outing. At Crescent Moon, we've designed our shoes to provide outstanding maneuverability and performance by perfectly integrating the 3 most importance elements of a snowshoe - the binding
, the platform
and the traction system
HOLD ON TIGHT
- The most important part of a snowshoe is the binding. It should be easy and intuitive to use, provide support, be comfortable under all conditions and efficiently transfer your energy to the traction system with each step you take. That's why we invented the SPL (single-pull-loop) adjustable binding. You'll get the response and control you need and get a great sense of confidence to go up or down any terrain with a pair of Crescent Moon's.
The SPL binding
- Easiest in/out binding on the market, simply place foot in stirrup and pull up - getting out is just as simple.
- Holds your entire foot with equal tension throughout resulting in better support and comfort
- Toe to heel, side to side stability for significantly better performance than "open-toed" binding designs.
This simple design is the result of extensive testing and years of use by our customers from around the world– absolutely the world's best binding.
(Frame and Decking) - To ensure optimal flotation, Crescent Moon Snowshoes are balanced to distribute your body weight across the entire shoe. The design also makes them easier to pull out of the snow, so you don't have to work as hard to walk, hike or climb. Our unique teardrop-shape platform is based on the shape of your foot—wide at the ball and narrow at the heel. Instead of forcing you to waddle, the ergonomic design helps your feet clear away from each other with every step, ensuring a smooth, natural stride and allowing you to concentrate on your adventure.
The frame is made from lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum tubing, which is shaped by hand and Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)-welded for incredible strength, durability and reliability. The decking is made from an ultra durable, lightweight material called TGS (the good stuff) which simply won't tear or fail. It is extremely resistant to abrasion and textured for additional traction and performance. It doesn’t contain any PVC and is made using the most environmentally friendly processes and ingredients as possible.
GET A GRIP
- Crescent Moon has the only three-claw crampon traction system on the market, so you can really get a grip. Inherently better than standard two-crampon systems, it features the only genuine toe claw found on any snowshoe. As you walk, you use your whole foot, shifting your weight for balance and traction with each step. So we position our stainless steel teeth and claws to dig in not only at the heel and ball, but also at the toe, to give you complete control. All of our crampons come with protective, snow shedding shields to prevent buildup of snow and ice.